Thursday, February 6, 2014

Some (Raw) Stuff I Ate (and Drank)

Remember when, after I wrapped up my 21-day Crazy Sexy Diet cleanse, I said I'd try my best to balance alkaline goodness (like juices and smoothies) with my favorite comfort foods. Well, I've showed y'all lots of comfort foods lately, but I promise I'm still keeping my clean-eating promise to myself.

I've been loving the grab-and-go raw desserts from Co-Motion Studio (where I take hoopdance classes). The Memphis-based Raw Girls make healthy desserts and entrees, and they're sold in a cooler at the studio. Last night, I picked up this Meyer Lemon Icebox Pie with Raspberry Coulis.


It was pretty big, and since raw desserts are filling (this one has a nut crust and a coconut butter-lemon topping), I cut it into four bite-sized servings.


Each morning, I wake up to a fresh juice or a green smoothie from Crazy Sexy Juices & Succulent Smoothies. But I balance that with a light breakfast of something with whole grain and protein to keep me powered through the morning. This morning, I had a Going Green Ormus Smoothie. 


This is made with all veggies and no fruits, so it's super savory. There's spinach, carrots, red bell pepper, celery, Oriya Organics SuperGreen Medley powder, and sea salt. On the side, I had a whole wheat bagel thin with garlic hummus.

Earlier this week, I made Pear-Apple-Beet-Ginger Juice to enjoy with a bowl of hot muesli.


I love having these raw treats mixed in with my normal fare. It helps me stay balanced, and I don't have to feel so guilty when I have this awesome sandwich for dinner!


This was Imagine Vegan Cafe's special of the week, which I had tonight. It's a reuben with vegan salami, vegan mozzarella, vegan Thousand Island dressing, and sauerkraut on toasted rye. YUM! They may be adding this to their new menu soon.

Hey, speaking of raw, my pal Casey Taft at Vegan Publishers informed me of a new crowd-source fundraising campaign that VP has launched. They're raising money to put out a new book, How to Eat a Rainbow: Magical Raw Recipes for Kids. Check it out.

Oh, and don't forget that I'm giving away a copy of Comfortably Yum by Allison Rivers Samson on my blog!

5 comments:

foodfeud said...

Wow that green smoothie looks so thick! I'm definitely more of an at least one fruit in my smoothie kinda person.
Quite the self control with the delicious sounding dessert. Raw desserts are so delicious - I can't stop at one serving

Julie said...

All these smoothies and juices are really inspiring, and I like how you balance it with yummy stuff (that sandwich looks delicious!)

Unknown said...

That's great that you're keeping up with it. You've inspired me to give the Crazy Sexy Diet a try! Unfortunately, I'm having trouble getting my Nook gift card that I got for X-mas to work.

Is it possible to do the Crazy Sext Diet without a juicer? I don't have one, but I have a great blender for all of the smoothies.

Bianca said...

Hi Elise! Sure! You can definitely do the CSD on smoothies rather than juices. Both are great for you! I just like to mix it up so I don't get bored. But as long as your getting a big dose of veggies and fruits, it'll work out.

Unknown said...

[ Smiles ] Everything you tried looks appealing.