Monday, December 30, 2013

Vegan Drinks Night Out

Sorry for not posting last night. I apparently have the flu or a bad cold of some sort. I woke up Sunday morning with a fever that stuck around all day yesterday, and I felt sure I was dying. I couldn't even think straight to blog. Today, the fever is gone but I still feel pretty crappy.

But before I got sick, on Saturday night, we had our monthly Vegan Drinks meetup. We typically meet on a Tuesday night during happy hour time. But with this month's Eve holidays falling on Tuesdays, it didn't work out as normal. So we had a Saturday night meetup on December 28th. We met up for drinks and dinner at Mulan, an Asian bistro in Cooper-Young. To start, I ordered a Kirin Ichiban.


Cassi had to go with something pink and girly. I forgot the name of this but it was some sort of sparkling flower water sake.


Autumn chose a very generous and overflowing frozen margarita.


And Vaughan and Nicole split a sake.


Mulan has a good number of tofu dishes to choose from. I (and several other people at our table) went with the Kung Pao Tofu. I love Mulan's crispy tofu, and the peanuts and water chesnuts in this dish were crunchy and perfect.


Cassi ordered the Homestyle Tofu. I'm not sure what was in this, but I know she subbed out green beans for the peppers in the dish. (By the way, if you're wondering why Cassi's boobs say "straight," it's part of her "I'm straight, but I love my gay friends" tee). By the way, Cassi posted about Vegan Drinks on her blog, The Pretty in Pink Vegan too.


After dinner, most of us moved the party to Side Street Grill's Magnolia Room, where Autumn (the margarita drinker mentioned above) performed a burlesque routine.

Well, I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully feeling even better. I've got to get better for New Year's party time!

No comments: