Thursday, November 7, 2013

Roasted Green Beans!

Hey y'all. I'm heading out to Atlanta VegFest bright 'n' early in the mornin'. If you're in the ATL area, stop by and see me! I'll be demo-ing and signing copies of Cookin' Crunk. But more importantly, if you stop by Atlanta VegFest, you'll also get to see the one and only Isa Chandra Moskowitz demo-ing from her new book Isa Does It. And you can see the fabulous Annie Shannon of Betty Goes Vegan Betty Crockerin' it up in the demo kichen. And you can try Fran Costigan's vegan chocolate goodness from her new dessert book, Vegan Chocolate. Basically, it's gonna be bad-ass, and I can't wait.

But if you can't get to Atlanta VegFest, you can just make these tasty green beans instead. This is a quick and easy recipe that I came up with a few nights ago when I wanted to try something different with green beans. I typically steam them or saute them. But this time, I made Roasted Green Beans.


I just made enough for little ole me. So here's the recipe for one. Double or quadruple as needed.

Roasted Green Beans
---------------------------
1 cup fresh green beans, ends trimmed
1/4 medium Vidalia onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees,

Toss beans, onion, garlic, oil, and salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl, making sure all the beans are coated.

Transfer to a baking dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes, stirring beans halfway through cooking time. Keep an eye on them because thinner beans may burn.

Eat!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nooooo...turn back, Bianca. I should've asked you to bring a hot plate of Imagine's food and some green goddess popcorn down to ATL! :(

Cadry said...

It sounds like it's going to be such a great time! What a line-up! I wish I was going. :)

Oracle said...

Thanks for this tip! It looks awesome and love your writing style :)