Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Natural Is Good

Have y'all tried Good 'n' Natural bars yet? I feel like I've tried just about every bar out there, but these were new to me when I spotted them on the shelf at Kroger the other day. I grabbed a peanut butter one, along with a stash of Luna bars. Then one day, before my run, I tore open the bar open and took a big ol' bite.

Wow! These had everything I love in a bar: not too sweet, just the right amount of chewiness, made with seeds, nuts, fruit. Perfection. Just a few weeks after trying the PB bar, Good 'n' Natural sent me an email. They wanted to mail me a few samples to review on the blog. I was itching to try the other flavors: Lemon, Cranberry Almond, and (again) Peanut Butter.


Yum! Though I loved the Peanut Butter bar the best, the other two were quite tasty. The Lemon would be my second fave because I'm a sucker for citrus. The Cranberry Almond was nice too with just the right fruit to nut ratio. Also, I love that these bars are sweetened with brown rice syrup and maple syrup instead of evaporated cane juice.

Here's a closer look at that Cranberry Almond bar:


I went to Good 'n' Natural's website, and they have a cute little video about how the company got started. This lady named Sarah Walker started making bars in her tiny kitchen to give to her friends in a town called Sun Valley. The bars — made with real nuts, seeds, and fruits — were an instant hit, and people started paying her to make them. The business expanded. She hired a catering friend Ann Scales. And now you can find Good 'n' Natural bars all over!

6 comments:

Des said...

I've tried them and I like peanut butter and the cranberry. I have also tried the chocolate... never try the chocolate. It is awful. I had to throw it out.
I haven't tried the lemon yet.I bet thats a good one.

The Kuntrageous Vegan said...

That's funny...i also tried these on a whim when i spotted them on sale at kroger. I got the PB one and I enjoyed it.

Have you tried the new line of GF/vegan "Earnest Eats"? Pretty tasty and Target has them-they're cheap :)

Anonymous said...

peanut butter bars are my faaaavorite. looks like a great texture!

Babette said...

These bars are pretty good, and personally, I find the chocolate bar pretty good. Not too sweet.

xvavaveganx said...

I've tried these bars because I was given some coupons for free bars by a friend. I could only find the cranberry ones and I liked them! I've been trying to find the lemon ones because I'm a citrus freak but have had no luck. I'll have to keep looking though!

Tender B. said...

I love that they include flavors that aren't always the first ones thought of. Namely Cranberry and Lemon. I love lemon and cranberry sweets but rarely see them.