Thursday, June 3, 2010

Atwitter for Fritters

"Atwitter" is a weird word. I had to Google it to make sure I was spelling it right even though the spelling is phonetically spot on. It just looks weird. Anyway, I'll all atwitter for fritters right now. I've been testing and tweaking my recipe for Black-Eyed Pea Corn Cakes with Roasted Pepper Sauce:

It's for the cookbook. Sorry! But I've set a deadline for myself, and there appears to be an end in sight. I'm now officially in the "testing phase" with most of my focus on my existing recipes. I do still have a few new ideas to develop, most of them desserts. But for the most part, you guys might be seeing more and more repeats on the blog.

But don't worry. Some of the recipes I'll be testing soon were developed before I began blogging, and others were developed in the blog's early days. I actually made the black-eyed pea fritters back in 2008! Here's the original post. The latest version has more peas, more corn, and a boost of roasted red pepper.

16 comments:

Jennifer said...

Are you going to use testers? If so, I volunteer!

The Kuntrageous Vegan said...

OOOOH if you are using testers I want to participate from the dirty south :)
Those look amazing.

The Health Sensei said...

i am seriously salivating at that pic...holy goodness!

Keri - I Eat Trees said...

Mmmm.. I'd love to volunteer as a tester as well if you need any!

Lauren said...

I love fritters!

Laury@TheFitnessDish said...

Wow these look great! You are writing a cook book!? Thats awesome! I am a re-born veg head, recently gave up most dairy. Love finding new vegan blogs!

Vegan In The VI said...

Why don't you just publish the recipes you have and then save the new ones for your next cookbook. This project has been dragging on for way to long.

dreaminitvegan said...

Hurry up with the book I just happen to have a bag of dried black eyed peas in the pantry.

hee hee

Barb said...

Those look amazing. I'm making these this weekend. I love roasted red pepper and the picture is just icing on the cake!

Jessica said...

I love black eyed peas, and rhymes! These look good. I've never combined black eyed peas and roasted peppers, but this sounds tasty.

Unknown said...

Sadly I never make fritters, they're kind of intimidating to me but I LOVE them!! Yours look amazing! hey, if you ever need a tester to test out your recipe I can help you out lol. ;)

Jess of Midwest Vegan said...

Those look awesome! I'm all about anything covered in roasted red pepper sauce!

Jess of Midwest Vegan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

Yum! Glad to hear you may be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. It's a big endeavor. I'm definitely looking forward to getting my hot little hands on your book someday!

jessy said...

atwitter does look strange, fo 'sho! i'm all about your black-eyed pea corn cakes, Bianca - and your roasted red pepper sauce it so pretty & bright! and in thinking about it now, dan and i are totally gonna have to make them again! i'm also gonna go drool over that picture of your fluffer nutter oats in a jar again..... i am getting to the end of an almond butter jar and i'm all excitedfaced to make my own nutbutter oats in a jar - i can't wait!

River - The Crafty Kook said...

Woo hoo! I'm all atwitter about going home next weekend so I can test more goodies! :D

Also, I will probably be able to finish your little apple coin purse while I'm home... finally! :)