Wednesday, February 17, 2010

More Fat Tuesday Goodies!

In my Fat Tuesday post on Tuesday night, I mentioned a couple of cookbook testers I'd eaten for dinner. But since my photo studios are, um, my back porch and my window-lit kitchen counter, it's hard to get a good shot after the sun goes down. I'm not a fan of using the flash unless it's absolutely necessary, so in the winter, I often shoot dinner photos using the next day's leftovers.

So, without further ado, here's what I had for dinner last night and lunch today — Cajun-Roasted Cauliflower:

I've been tweaking this main and/or side dish for some time, and I think I've finally gotten it right. I don't want to reveal too much about the recipe since it's for my cookbook, but you can see that it's roasted cauliflower florets tossed with a spicy tomato-based sauce. I love vegetable-based main dishes!

On the side, I had a protein-packed portion of Nutty Mushroom Quinoa:

This pecan-flecked, mushroom quinoa has a savory, stuffing-like flavor that would lend itself to wonderful side dish on Thanksgiving or some other harvest-themed celebration. And it even did the job of filling me up on a cold-ass February night.

15 comments:

James said...

Man, Bianca, every time I see an amazing dish and then read that it's going in the cookbook, my heart sinks. I can't wait to get a copy when you publish it, but seeing all these photos is torture!

Anonymous said...

Oh my that cauliflower looks awesome!

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

The cauliflower looks so yummy! I love veggie mains too.

Jess - The Domestic Vegan said...

Yum! I love quinoa so much. This makes me want to make some for lunch!

Jess - The Domestic Vegan said...

Sorry for my rhyme in the above post...

Diana said...

I am all over that cauliflower dish! Roasted cauliflower is one of the greatest veggies, and definitely worthy of a main dish. I posted a cauliflower-based main last night myself. Still dreaming of it!

Anonymous said...

wow this looks amazing! i am so loving that cauliflower!

jessy said...

both the cauliflower and the nutty mushroom quinoa dish sound rock'n and look so tasty, Bianca! i don't know why, but i always forget about cauliflower. we eat broccoli a bunch, but i need to start showing some cauliflower a little more love. :) also, your king cake from tuesday looks awesome! i love kittee's recipes, and that's too funny on your coworker getting the white bean baby in the first slice. :D

Christine (The Raw Project) said...

I know what you mean about night pictures, flash whites everything out.

The cauliflower looks amazing!

Cole said...

Jeeze, that cauliflower looks good. I can't wait to see the recipe!

Lele said...

Roasted cauliflower is MAGIC.

Vegan In The VI said...

I'm doing Roasted Cauliflower tomorrow. Too bad I won't have a recipe for Cajun style....;-(

Erin said...

Both of those dishes sound fantastic!

River - The Crafty Kook said...

You can't beat natural light. The cauliflower dish looks so tasty! I love cauliflower as a main dish. The Kind Life has a recipe for cauliflower stakes that I've been wanting to try too.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Ooh ooh, lookin' good!