Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mail Order Food!

My super awesome dad LOVES to surprise me with mail order vegan goodies! He actually picks out the products on his own, though occasionally he'll call me when he's placing an order to ask for input. Now, my dad is not vegan. But he has good taste. Here's what he ordered last week from Vegan Essentials:


From left to right: Primal Strips Seitan Teriyaki Jerky, Fantastic Foods New England Vegetarian Chicken Noodle Soup Mix, Fantastic Foods Vegetarian Nature's Burger Mix, Primal Strips Seitan Thai Peanut Jerky, a Sweet & Sara Smore Pie, a log of Teese, and a Primal Strips Smoked Primal Stick.

See what I mean? Good taste. He ALWAYS orders a log of Teese. He's kept me stocked in the stuff since I first tried it months ago. And the Sweet & Sara Pie was my idea! I've been dying to try one. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Tonight, I opened the Nature's Burger mix, and made this monster veggie burger:


Served on a massive Ezekial sprouted grain bun with Teese, local tomato, romaine lettuce, Granny's homemade pickles, and mustard, this was super filling and tasty. The patty is made by combining the dry burger mix with with water and then frying in a skillet until brown. It wasn't as firm as a typical frozen patty, but it tasted really yummy ... almost like falafel.

Thanks daddy! And yes, he reads my blog...

22 comments:

Unknown said...

hooray for dad!
that's also the most massive, scrumptious-looking burger I've ever see, yo.

VeganCowGirl said...

Wicked Cool Dad! Will he try/enjoy your vegan goodness when he drops by? I received a package of vegan goodness yesterday as well - but it was just protein powder, vitamins and an uber-cool bunny shirt...no veg burger for me.

It looks great!!!

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

Your dad rocks! My dad is very cool in the trying every vegan restaurant on the face of the earth kind of way, but I would love it if he also sent me vegan care packages! Enjoy your haul!

VeganLinda said...

What a sweetheart of a dad!

The Voracious Vegan said...

You officially have the coolest dad ever. That burger looks gigantic and delicious.

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of you and your awesome dad and the teese!

Anonymous said...

I rold my Dad I was a vegetarian and he said - uh...ok. Yeah, way to be supportive. Oh well, he doesn't like me much anyway!

I love veganessentials.com - I get some cool things from them that I cannot find anywhere. They have great customer service too.

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

I think I've told you before, but your dad rocks!

And I just discovered those primal strips-- they're delicious.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

As everyone else said, I agree that your dad is great!! :0)

Wow, that burger is STACKED - haha, love it.

jessy said...

your dad = the best! that is so thoughtful & sweet of him to hook you up with the goodies! teese = mmmmmmmm!

i had no idea Ezekial made sprouted grain buns! i need to find these, pronto! :D and homemade pickles are the best, especially with mustard. that burger looks monsterously glorious!

Anonymous said...

I've made that burger mix before and it is good! Not bad for a quicky meal, huh?

Now, I have a great Dad, but your Dad should give "Dad lessons".

thedalyn said...

Surprise vegan food packages are awesome. I think. Actually, I've never had one but I bet they're awesome.

Unknown said...

wow thats so awesome your dad picked all that out for you! haha i dont even know what my dad would pick..haha he doesnt know much about veganism.. but lucky you! and that burger is making me crave one realllly bad, it looks so good! :)

Alicia said...

You lucky! my dad doesn't buy vegan food for me. Now that I think of it, I believe he doesn't know yet that I'm a vegan!

Anonymous said...

Your dad is super cute! My dad is pretty cute, too, though he has never ordered me special vegan food...

The Chubby Vegetarian said...

That reminds me of the oat burgers they used to serve at the squash blossom. yum.

a vegan tip for the pad thai: soft tofu and some tofu scrambler in place of the eggs.

Anonymous said...

Yum! I've been wanting to try those burgers...they look fantasic!

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

I was thinking I could have your Dad ADOPT me... My address is 7112 North 45th Str...

Yeah, nevermind...

How VERY cool and what a fun package!

Chelsea said...

Almost like falafel? I've gotta get some of that! Your dad rocks! You should totally show him all these comments about how cool he is :)

And thanks for your sweet comment about my tattoo - that's exactly what I was going for.

Peggy said...

Wow, that is so cool! You have one amazing dad!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Very cool dad I must say. He has good vegan taste!

Veggienetters said...

Aweeeee what a sweet daddy! Mine tried to feed me chicken salad today until I reminded him... and he said... "oh sorry..." better than my father in law... his response to ordering soy cheese on our pizza the other day was... "Why don't you want to eat cheese or meat? I've never heard of someone not eating cheese or meat before... and what is tofu I've never heard of that either."